Monday 21 August 2017

Buoyancy test

I've started making some buoyancy tanks for the Airolite canoe. I'm not totally sure how I'm going to do them, so I won't post my work here just yet. But I thought I should just check and see how the boat floats without any buoyancy tanks added. So after my paddle this afternoon I shoved her under. Only she wouldn't go! This is as far as she'll go under:
I shoved that low side down, but it just came back up: that's as much water as she'll take. I thought she'd sink much lower.
And I tried to get her to stay inverted, but she just turned back right-side up. Good little boat. (She gets waaaay more comments than the Golightly.)

I'm thinking of calling her Bobber Ann, 'cause of how corky she is. But I may keep that name for the next (slightly larger) one (if it happens), and just call this one Bob. hahaha!
Bobbie?


No comments:

Post a Comment